What employment rights do you have as an agency worker?
All agency workers, subject to meeting the qualifying criteria are entitled to:
- › national minimum wage or national living wage
- › protection from unlawful deductions from wages
- › statutory sick pay
- › statutory maternity and paternity pay, shared parental pay and adoption pay
- › statutory holiday entitlement – 5.6 weeks paid holiday a year
- › right not to be charged direct or indirect fees for finding a job
- › right to a payslip which includes details of hours worked
- › minimum rest breaks
- › maximum working time – 48 average hours a week (you can opt out of this if you choose)
- › to be automatically enrolled onto a pension if you meet the required criteria
- › protection from unlawful discrimination under the Equality Act 2010
- › protection for whistleblowing
- › health and safety protections.
For further information, please visit the Acas website at: https://archive.acas.org.uk/article/6493/Rights-while-working-as-an-agency-worker