Enable Futures are operating as an employment business on behalf of its client for permanent Warehouse Operative based in Bridgwater, Somerset.The working hours are 7am - 5pm Monday to Friday with a one hour lunch break and regular tea breaks. The starting salary is £10.25 Per Hour and can increase.For this role we do require a car driver. Any experience operating a fork lift would be a bonus but it isn’t essential and can be trained & certified for you by the business.
- Loading and unloading goods
- Ensuring that all goods that are loaded or unloaded match the relevant paperwork
- Storing and rotating stock according to established procedures
- Reporting any damaged or missing goods to Warehouse Supervisors
- Keeping the warehouse environment clean and tidy and maintaining equipment
- Follow workplace health and safety rules when handling goods
- Ensuring efficient operations by adhering to operational procedures, rules, and schedules
- Assisting with warehouse inventory controls
- Always treating goods with care
- Forklift Specific
- Manoeuvring forklifts safely in busy industrial environments
- Safely stacking and unstacking large quantities of goods onto shelves or pallets
- Moving goods from storage areas to loading areas for transport
- Unloading deliveries and safely relocating the goods to their designated storage areas
- Ensuring that forklift driving areas are free from spills or obstructions
- Regularly checking forklift equipment for faults or damages
- Using industrial plastic wraps and wooden pallets to safely stack and package goods for transport
- Keeping up to date on health and safety requirements and forklift operating procedures
- Consolidating partial pallets for incoming goods
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Physical strength, fitness and dexterity (often have to lift heavy packages or work at elevated heights)
- Excellent team-working skills to effectively collaborate with other members of the warehouse team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Organisational and record-keeping skills to coordinate large volumes of goods
- Honesty and trustworthiness
- The ability to work effectively under limited supervision
In return, you will benefit from:
- 20 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays.
- Parking onsite.
- Company pension.
- Christmas shut down.
- Career development & progression.
- Stocked canteen & regular breaks.