Enable Futures are operating as an employment business on behalf of its client for a permanent Transport Planner based in Bridgwater, Somerset. You will be joining a leading manufacturer & supplier, working as part of a team to ensure deliveries/collections are achieved on a daily basis! Getting involved with daily vehicle planning, maximising efficiency and productivity.
The working hours are ideally 8.00am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday. The annual salary is £21,000 - £23,000 PA dependant on experience.
- Working as part of a team to ensure deliveries/collections are achieved on a daily basis.
- Daily vehicle planning, maximising efficiency, and productivity and are in line with Working time directive (WTD) and EU driving regulations.
- Answering calls quickly for ETA’s.
- Liaising with customers to problem solve delivery issues, finding solutions.
- Point of contact for the drivers.
- Debriefing drivers on return.
- Managing the OTIF excel spreadsheet reporting any issues or failures with regards to deliveries.
- Track 3PL orders through our courier website.
- Assisting the Transport Manager with daily tasks and duties.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Strong geographical knowledge.
- Previous experience in a Transport environment.
- Knowledge of Transport legislation. (CPC or OLAT qualification desirable).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook etc).
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Well organised, taking ownership of tasks.
- Driven, self-motivated.
- Team player.
- Calm disposition.
- Proactive attitude.
In return, you will benefit from:
- 20 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays.
- Free parking onsite.
- Career progression routes available.
- Company pension.