Have you attained or are currently studying the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT)?
Are you looking for career development and to join a thriving company offering job security?
Enable Futures are operating as an employment business on behalf of its client and recruiting for a permanent Tax Assistant / Semi-Senior based near Sherborne Dorset.
The working hours are 8.30-17.15 Monday to Friday with a one hour lunch break unpaid.
The annual salary is very competitive & dependant on experience. Closing date is 12th July 2020.
The role will include but not be limited to:
- Personal Tax and Trusts – collate worldwide information as transactions happen, for UK self-assessment tax returns for individuals and Trusts. Maintain individuals’ tax records and ensure all returns and payments are submitted on time. Preparation of income and capital gains computations as required.
- Corporation Tax Returns – review of returns and computations, filing and archiving. Ensure corporation tax returns and payments are submitted on time. Assist our finance team with preparation of business tax computations and research into queries as required.
- EIS/SEIS Relief – work with our investment team to maintain tax records for investments qualifying under these venture capital schemes.
- VAT - preparation of VAT returns and EC sales lists for sole traders whose VAT information feeds into their tax returns. Research into VAT questions as required.
- Payroll Taxes – provide research and technical support for our payroll department to resolve queries.
- Property Taxes – provide support for CIS and property VAT administration. Ad-hoc research as required.
- FATCA/CRS/AEI – completion of international tax reporting forms to banks and investment companies for individuals and businesses.
- Project work – ad-hoc tax and investment related projects and research as required.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
We are looking for an individual who:
- Is keen to progress their career in Tax and is seeking a varied, interesting role.
- Has attained or is currently studying for the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) qualification and has a minimum of 18 months relevant experience, preferably in a Practice environment.
- Is confident, flexible and willing to gain further experience in the workplace.
- Is a committed highly organised individual with a pro-active and common-sense approach.
- Has excellent administration and communication skills (both written and verbal with attention to detail).
- Has integrity, discretion and understands the importance of confidentiality.
- Is tactful, diplomatic and approachable, with the ability to develop relationships with a wide range of people.
- Takes ownership of tasks and follows them through to the end, seeks feedback on own performance and is able to respond positively to constructive criticism.
- Has a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office with excellent IT skills.
- Enjoys working both on their own or as part of a wider team.
In return, you will benefit from:
- An attractive salary
- Study support can be provided if required to complete the ATT qualification
- 8% employer pension contribution
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Individual BUPA cover
- Life insurance 4 x gross salary
- Car parking