Enable Futures are operating as an employment business on behalf of its client and recruiting for a Stores & Logistics Operative based in Wellington, Somerset. Reporting directly to the Production Lead the Stores & Logistics Operative is responsible for maintaining the companies Logistics, Warehousing & Stock Control! Career progression is available within the role. We are seeking someone with previous warehouse or stores experience, and someone who has autonomy with their work.
The working hours are Mon 8:00 – 16:30, Tue – Thu 8:00 -16:15, Fri 08:00 -15:00 & 30 Minute lunch break each day 37.75 hour week.
The annual salary is £22,000 - £23,000 PA dependant on experience.
- Book in received items and carry out quality inspection.
- Complete documentation, including notification of deliveries to purchasing department.
- Assist with loading/unloading using the pallet trucks.
- Preparing and planning goods out.
- Ensuring goods are packed securely ready for despatch.
- Work with the Operations Co-Ordinator to producing shipping documentation ensuring goods are transferred to couriers in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Organising all shipments in line with company requirements.
- Maintain weighing equipment and packing material ready for use.
- Conducting monthly stocktake KPI’s and supporting/conducting annual stocktakes with direction from the Finance team.
- Maintaining adequate and appropriate stock levels, inclusive of all consumables and packing materials.
- Support procurement setting of min/max stock levels in line with requirements and manage stock levels.
- Kitting of assemblies for the shop floor in line with operations planning requirements.
- Own requisition system for production placing orders.
- Ensure the correct storage of goods.
- Physical allocation of parts in pre kitting phase.
- Kitting goods in a controlled safe manner in accordance with procedure. i.e., E.S.D., quality, etc.
- Issuing of parts to workstations.
- Maintenance of system data requirements and ensuring integrity at all times.
- Adhere to all company policies, processes and procedures.
- Carry out any other task within scope and spirit of the job.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Experience working within a warehouse environment.
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel).
- Driving licence essential.
- Experience and knowledge of stock control systems & tools.
- Willingness to train, and develop.
- Good customer/stakeholder relation skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Forward thinker.
- People person/interrelationship skills.
In return, you will benefit from:
- Company Pension.
- Onsite Parking.
- 25 Days Annual Leave + 8 Bank Holidays.
- Career progression.
- Modern canteen & coffee machine.
- Friendly working environment and team culture.
- State of the art premises to work from.