Enable Futures are operating as an employment business on behalf of its client and recruiting for a Production Technician Electrical based in Wellington, Somerset.You will be joining a global market leader, working from state of the art premises your career is in excellent hands.You will be responsible for carrying out planned production work including: manufacturing, assembly, repairs and testing of specialist high voltage electrical test equipment. Following technical instructions including, engineering drawings, work instructions and data packs!
The working hours are Mon 8:00 – 16:30, Tue – Thu 8:00 -16:15, Fri 08:00 -15:00& 30 Minute lunch break each day 37.75 hour week. The annual salary is £23,000 - £28,000 PA dependant on experience.Key Responsibilities:
- Manufacture, assemble and test electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Soldering electrical control boards and wiring harnesses.
- Assembling and crimping of complex wiring harnesses.
- Calibration and test of high voltage electrical systems.
- Fault finding and repair of electrical and associated systems.
- Attend customer sites and carry out onsite diagnosis and repair.
- Maintain workshop tools and equipment reporting failures to the Production Lead.
- Ensure all tools and equipment is within calibration date and specification.
- Correctly fill out production job cards and other documentation relating to build and quality processes.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and processes.
- Maintain clean work areas to maintain efficiency and safety.
- Work in a positive, efficient and safe manner.
- Where the appropriate PPE as directed by the Production Lead.
- Carry out any other task within scope and spirit of the position
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- NVQ Level 3 or a similar qualification in electrical engineering/manufacturing.
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel).
- Experience in working in the electronics industry.
- Experience of building harnesses.
- Experience of working on high voltage systems – desirable but not essential
- Willingness to train and develop.
- Good customer/stakeholder relation skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Forward thinker.
- People person/interrelationship skills.
In return, you will benefit from:
- Company Pension.
- Onsite Parking.
- 25 Days Annual Leave + 8 Bank Holidays.
- Career progression.
- Modern canteen & coffee machine.
- Friendly working environment and team culture.
- State of the art premises to work from.