Enable Futures are operating as an employment business on behalf of its client and recruiting for a Production Control Manager for a privately owned, innovative, market-leading software solution organisation. Who provide a portfolio of document-related services to a broad customer base, including the NHS, Local Government and a variety of Commercial organisations across the UK! The location of the Head Office is Wellington, Somerset. As the UK’s expert in this specialist and challenging field, they are experiencing a period of sustained growth and require a Production Control Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Production Control team. This is a significant opportunity for a motivated and ambitious leader / office manager looking to develop their management skills in an innovative and rapidly growing company driven by its core values of ambition, excellence, integrity, openness and unity.
The hours are 08:30 – 17:30, Monday to Friday, with a 1 hour lunch break. This role offers a hybrid working model with a Monday and Friday working from home. Tuesday Wednesday, Thursday you will be based in the office. The annual salary is Circa £36,890.As the Production Control Manager, you will lead a team of Production Control Coordinators, ensuring a wide range of technical and administrative services supporting the company’s current and future operations are carried out consistently to an exceptional level. You will have responsibility and accountability for the delivery of the primary functions of the Production Control department at all times:
- Ensuring all customer documents are sent to our Production Sites in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensuring all necessary resources are in place to allow production to produce and send high quality product in a timely and efficient manner
- Achieving and exceeding KPIs
- The working hours are 8.30 - 17.30 Monday to Friday.
- The annual salary is £36,890.
- Pension scheme 8% employer contribution.
- Onsite parking
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 (1-day increments annually), including Bank Holidays.
- Career progression & extensive training.
- Private healthcare.
- Hybrid Working - Mondays & Fridays working from home & a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday working from the offices.
- Induction, training, and support are ongoing.
Key Responsibilities:As a Manager and Leader your primary responsibilities will be ensuring that:
- Your people are aligned with brand values and objectives
- You coach, mentor and develop your people to maintain an effective high performing team
- You support your Manager in achieving their business, departmental and personal objectives
- You identify and escalate any issues, challenges or opportunities at the earliest point in time possible
- You actively seek collaboration with colleagues to harness their collective knowledge and skills
- Your people understand and comply with all company policies and procedures
- You have pro-active and visible management controls and checks in place to ensure that your people are carrying out their roles to the defined quality and productivity levels
- You maintain the correct staffing levels to deliver the primary functions of the department
- You carry out pro-active management of holiday allocation, absence management and time-keeping
- You carry out regular Performance Reviews of your people ensuring you define, document and manage
- Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound objectives
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Have prior office management experience & people management experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to identify and deliver improvements
- Provide and accept constructive challenge, critique and suggestions from colleagues in a positive manner
- Open to change and challenging of the status quo
- Customer focussed
- Strives for excellence
- Relentlessly curious with an inquisitive mind, a desire to learn and an appetite for change
- Confidence to lead and motivate a team
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- IT Literate – Extensive practical experience in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to build mutually beneficial relationships