Enable Futures are operating as an employment business on behalf of its client and recruiting for a permanent Product Owner joining a rapidly growing SAAS provider. Working with a powerful, easy-to-use system that allows customers to manage their staff, look after their service users and keep on top of their finances! They have thousands of customers using their software and are now looking for talented individuals to join their team and help them maintain, develop and improve their software!
The location of the office is in Bristol, UK with three working options (Fully Remote) or (Hybrid) or (Office) working for you to choose from! If you would like to work fully remote you can be based anywhere in the UK. If you would prefer to hybrid or office work, then you would need to be able to commute into Bristol.
A Product Owner is a professional responsible for setting, prioritising, and accepting the work generated by a team in order to ensure the most valuable and proper functionality of the product. As Product Owner, you will gather feature requests, schedule releases, and coordinate sprints. You should be able to identify user needs, help a customer understand a business value and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases. As a Product Owner you will wear many hats as part of the role. This includes, but is not limited to being, a UX designer, Scrum Master, Business Analyst and Project Manager. Your effort is important for the company as you will need to deliver products not just according to users, but the product that helps make our company vision a reality. At all times, you should adopt a ‘Security by Design’ approach to specifying new features, and remain very familiar with our Information Security obligations and commitments.
- The working hours are 9.00 - 17.30 Monday to Friday.
- The annual starting salary is £35,000 - £55,000 PA dependent on experience.
- Pension scheme.
- Onsite parking.
- 22 days holiday rising with length of service + 8 bank holidays.
- Career progression & extensive training.
- Range of family-friendly policies, health cash plan to pay for routine medical expenses.
- Social events and days.
- Remote working a hybrid or office based if preferred.
- Serve as the voice of the client.
- Work with internal and external customers to analyse the needs and align product roadmap to strategic goals.
- Develop scope and define backlog items (epics/features/user stories) that guide the Agile software development team.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritise stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies including planning sessions, daily stand-ups and sprint retrospectives.
- Become the authority on your particular features.
- Use software tools carefully and effectively, including UX tools and ticketing systems.
- Does own the product roadmap.
- Define and scope all the artefacts relating to a feature/project.
- Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product.
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritised backlog of user stories for implementation.
- Fully uphold the company’s Information Security Policy, and treat customer data with the greatest care and respect.
- Flag any and all security concerns immediately.
- Look for ways to facilitate meeting sprint goals, helping to signpost synergies or remove blockers.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Gherkin/Cucumber, Google Docs, Jira, Figma, Technical Diagramming software – Essential.
- Educated to A-Level standard, or with equivalent demonstrable experience. Must have GCSEs with grades A*-B.
- Experience in a commercial software environment, especially one producing a SAAS in an agile environment – Desirable.
- GitHub, Reporting tools, Data analysis tools – Desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Creative thinker.
- Strategic thinking.