Do you have experience working either as a Legal Secretary, Paralegal, with Charities or as a Counsellor?
Would you like to join an outsourced trust management services firm supporting vulnerable people? Our client offers the highest standards of service across wills, powers of attorney and full trust administration!
Enable Futures are operating as an employment business on behalf of its client for a Legal PA / Paralegal based in Langport, Somerset.
The working hours are Full Time or Part Time. The office is open from 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday. We are recruiting for either one full time or two part-time positions operating a job share. There is the option for career development studying CILEX paid by the firm. Studying CILEX isn’t essential at all but available for someone seeking career development within the legal field.
The annual salary is £20,000 - £24,500, PA dependant on experience.
- With responsibility for dealing with the day to day management of a portfolio of trusts, the role includes liaising with vulnerable beneficiaries, their trustees and settlors – by telephone, email, letter and text messaging.
- The beneficiaries, many of whom are affected by mental illness, will contact the successful jobholder with requests for financial assistance from their trusts; the jobholder will, depending on the circumstances of each file, either make a decision or discuss the request with the relevant trustees.
- The job role includes preparing reports on activity in individual trusts, presenting at client meetings and taking part in regular zoom meetings with trustees and family members.
- The job role involves extensive client contact and requires strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- The job holder will have the ability to build a rapport with beneficiaries and family members and will enable the trusts to be proactively managed.
- The job role includes drafting resolutions, minutes, trust deeds and associated documentation.
- Experience of trust accounting and tax compliance is not necessary, as specialist fee earners deal with that aspect of the work - however, training will be available so as to provide an understanding of that side of the operation.
- Previous experience of trust work is not essential as full training will be provided, but empathy with those affected by mental illness would be a strong advantage.
- If you have the experience, in addition, the jobholder could also have the responsibility for a caseload of wills and LPAs, including taking instructions, drafting documents and managing those matters to completion.
- Full and ongoing training will be provided where required in relation to these matters, but if you don’t have this experience, it could be given to another member internally.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- The role involves occasionally speaking with some distressed clients with mental health illness.
- Therefore someone who has either worked for charities or as a counsellor who is empathetic and has a mature outlook would be fantastic in this position.
- Experience within a legal background, either as Legal Secretary, Paralegal or PA and are empathetic with a mature outlook, you would be highly suitable to apply.
- A paralegal looking to start or continue CILEX qualification, again who has a mature outlook, would be an excellent candidate.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
In return, you will benefit from:
- A company pension scheme.
- 21 days holiday allowance + 8 bank holidays.
- Free Parking.
- CILEX Qualification paid for by the firm if you would like to take this option (not essential).
- Discretionary bonus scheme.