Enable Futures are operating as an employment business on behalf of its client and recruiting for an Insurance Business Manager to work for a leading Insurance firm based from either near Wiliton or Highbridge, Somerset depending on your location. An office presence is required at both locations, however you can be mainly based from either.
We are looking for someone capable of leading from the outset, insurance knowledge would be really useful but not a requirement!!! The working hours are 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday, and the starting annual salary is Circa £30,000 - £35,000 PA + Bonus Scheme.
The Manager will provide effective support to the business agents by measuring and driving performance of the Customer Service Team, coaching and development of staff working within the agency, contributing to the delivery of excellent customer service, profitable growth and ensuring compliance within company and regulatory standards.
- Own the Risk Framework to ensure compliance with regulatory and company minimum standards.
- Train, develop, facilitate and monitor the achievement of new and existing staff to ensure they meet the required standards.
- Train, develop, facilitate and monitor the achievement of new and existing staff to ensure they meet the required standards Train, develop, facilitate and monitor the achievement of new and existing staff to ensure they meet the required standards.
- Embed a system of continuous improvement which targets ‘better ways of working’ and ‘business efficiencies’.
- Co-ordinate and contribute to the administration of the agency, including meeting the health and safety, welfare and engagement of staff and the maintenance of the office environment, to ensure effective operation and that all governance and legal requirements are met.
- Lead, manage and motivate to develop staff so that they are aware of what is expected and can maximise their contribution to business objectives and realise their potential.
- Co-ordinate and contribute to the attraction, recruitment and selection of people capable of delivering the objectives of the company.
- Support marketing activity and assist with new initiatives.
- Support agents by managing staff absence/holidays and ensuring adequate coverage for the office.
- Check, process and manage accounting transactions, including premium collection, policy calculation, refunds and non-payment of premiums, to prevent loss, prevent money laundering, meet customer service standards and maintain profitable growth.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Be able to problem solve, use own initiative and judgement.
- Have a flexible, open attitude.
- Possess good IT skills.
- Sales and customer service skills.
- Have basic knowledge of insurance.
- Experience of coaching, supervising or managing individuals and / or teams.
- Maintain the highest standards of client confidentiality.
In return, you will benefit from:
- A company pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Sickness Benefit Allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Parking onsite
- Others discussed at interview