Enable Futures are operating as an employment business on behalf of its client and recruiting for a permanent Insolvency Administrator to work in Taunton, Somerset. Joining a Best Companies 2021 “Outstanding Place to Work”, top 50 employer in the South West, and one of accountancy’s 10 best firms! Full or Part Time!
The working hours are either 9.00-17.00 Monday-Friday (37.5hours) OR four days per week (30 hours). The annual salary is £20,000 - £29,000 Per Annum depending on experience. Someone already experienced within Insolvency can expect the higher end of the salary bracket. If you don’t have any prior Insolvency experience, then any office based experience is suitable, also any experience working within a regulated environment would be a bonus. That could be experience from legal, insurance, banking, financial services or accountancy!
The role will comprise of the day-to-day administration of a mixed portfolio of mainly corporate but also personal insolvency cases. You will report to a Manager and Insolvency Practitioner. There could be the opportunity to progress in the future with support being available for future studies. Ideally (although not essential), the successful candidate will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Some insolvency experience and working knowledge of the associated procedures, rules and regulations.
- Excellent people skills.
- The ability to write detailed letters and reports clearly and accurately.
- Good numerical ability.
- Self-sufficient and detail conscious.
- Motivated and with the desire to work in a team to maximise the performance of the department.
Administrating a caseload of mixed insolvency cases from start to finish, you will be responsible for the following:
- Attending meetings and liaising with directors/shareholders, employees and creditors prior to appointment
- Completing pre appointment checks
- Extracting financial information from accounts and records
- Setting up and maintaining the case diary and management system
- Preparing all paperwork, forms, reports and minutes in the prescribed format
- Undertaking statutory filing and advertising in respect of appointments and throughout the case
- Corresponding with all relevant stakeholders on appointment
- Attending the client’s premises to secure the assets and collect the books and records
- Liaising with agents with regard to the sale of assets
- Undertaking debt collection including liaising with debtors, directors and solicitors
- Conducting investigations into the insolvent’s affairs using checklists
- Processing creditor claims received including employee claims
- Paying dividends to creditors/shareholders as appropriate
- Providing file notes with regard to important case decisions to the department manager or insolvency practitioner
- Completing cheque requests / remittance advices for processing by department cashier
- Reviewing the case and ensuring progression at all times
- Completing file review forms and job progress sheets on a timely basis throughout the case
- Preparing VAT and corporation tax returns as required
- Preparing reports, fee estimates, estimated outcome statements and time/fee breakdowns during the life of the case
- Where required, arranging the closure of cases and preparing final reports from standard templates
In return, you will benefit from:
- Company pension.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Car Parking.
- Career development & support.
- Charity work.
- Qualification support.
- Luxury office.