Do you have experience working as a Legal Secretary or a Secretary with Digital Dictation?
We have three exciting opportunities enabling you to develop your career and work with a friendly, supportive and professional team!
Enable Futures are operating as an employment business on behalf of its client for three Conveyancing Secretary/Assistantvacancies based in X1 Honiton X1 Exmouth & X1 Sidmouth!
We are looking for organised individuals with previous legal, conveyancing or any legal experience, confident managing a busy workload in a fast-paced environment with the ability to use own initiative and work well under pressure. The working hours are 9.00 am – 5.30 pm Monday to Friday. The annual salary is circa £19,000-£21,000 PA DOE.
The successful candidate will need to be able to assist in the progression of a conveyancing transaction to include:
- Exchanging contracts and dealing with completions; Preparation of contracts, transfers, trust deeds, and correspondence; Dealing with completion statements; Raising solicitors invoices; Drawing up contracts; Taking instructions from and liaising with clients; Undertake on-line searches, and Complete Land Registry and SDLT forms on-line.
- Provide secretarial assistance to residential conveyancing lawyers based in the Taunton office.
- Participate in rotas for the purposes of Reception/Post cover.
- Deal with telephone calls in a confident manner providing clear, accurate, and up to date information.
- Produce documents using the firm’s case management software.
- Demonstrate good administrative skills with good attention to detail.
- Demonstrate good organisation skills.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Cope well under pressure, with an ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to work, anticipating and meeting the needs of the department.
- Be receptive to receiving and acting on instructions given by immediate supervisor.
- Be competent in using Word and other Microsoft Products (Outlook and PowerPoint).
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Experienced audio typist with excellent typing skills in excess of 50 WPM.
- A team player who is flexible and dedicated.
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Confident and professional telephone manner.
In return, you will benefit from:
- A company pension scheme available.
- A generous holiday allowance, with loyalty days for longevity of service.
- Sickness Benefit Allowance.
- Free onsite parking.