Are you AAT Qualified or Qualified by Experience with at least five years finance / accounts experience within either PRACTICE or INDUSTRY?
We have an opportunity not to be missed, offering career progression, support with continuing qualifications for those that want it and a fantastic benefits package!
Enable Futures are operating as an employment business on behalf of its client and recruiting for a permanent AAT Accounts Assistant based near Sherborne, Dorset.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting through to management accounts/financial statements including audits where required for a variety of companies. These range from limited companies operating in the financial consultancy sector, a pension scheme, a sole tradership and reporting on overseas personal and property expenditure!
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 17.15pm (one-hour lunch break). The annual salary is £28,000 - £35,000 Per Annum.
In return, you will benefit from:
- £28,000 - £35,000 Per Annum Salary
- 8% employer pension contribution
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Individual BUPA cover
- Life insurance 4 x gross salary
- Payment of your annual AAT membership subscription if applicable
- Our commitment to provide you with ongoing CPD to enhance your knowledge, skills and experience
- Car Parking
- Ensure all finance functions and accounting records are maintained accurately and in a timely manner.
- Undertake all prime entry bookkeeping tasks ensuring all income and costs have been appropriately approved, recorded accurately and VAT where applicable is correctly treated.
- Administer all payments runs to the required frequency culminating in a weekly bank reconciliation where needed.
- Prepare VAT returns ensuring these are submitted on time.
- Maintain all fixed asset registers, ledgers and control accounts accurately.
- Undertake credit control if required.
- Produce management accounts and year end statutory accounts files for internal and external audit review.
- Prepare regular reports not limited to actual v budget cost summaries and profit forecasts as an example.
- Undertake project work as required.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for other team members when needed.
- Report to the Team Leader or Deputy Head of Office as work requires.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Is AAT qualified, qualified by experience or a recently qualified accountant with at least five years of relevant experience, ideally within practice.
- Potentially keen to continue studying with ACCA – full support given for continued qualification.
- Has experience of VAT.
- Can proactively prioritise their own work as this role deals with a high volume of information.
- Has integrity, discretion and the ability to deal with confidential information.
- Has excellent administration and communication skills (both written and verbal with attention to detail).
- Is tactful, diplomatic and approachable, with the ability to deal assertively with a wide range of people.
- Has excellent IT skills, a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience of using accounting software.
- Is flexible and willing to learn.
- Enjoys working on their own or as part of a wider team, being a team player is key.